I have been kindly nominated by the lovely Beth from A Blonde and A Baby to take part in a blog post tag. This involves writing 10 reasons why I think I am rocking motherhood! I believe most mums are rocking motherhood in their own special way. Lets not put ourselves down and judge other mums, it’s time to recognise what an awesome job we are doing!!!!
So here goes:
1. I bravely gave birth! This one is top of my list as I honestly believe it is the most amazing, crazy, painful, humbling and completely frightening experience.
2.I have somehow developed a coping mechanism that enables me to keep going and be the best mum that I can be despite the sleepless nights, tantrums and holding down a part-time job.
3. I never take my daughter for granted. There is never a day which goes by that I don’t count myself the luckiest person in the world to have her.
4. I build her confidence by telling her how smart she is and I want her to know that her brain is more important than her looks.
5. I constantly put her first. If she is hungry, I will wait. If she wants to play when I am exhausted after work, I will play. When making any life decisions, I put her first.
6. I want her to be a kind and good person. I am mindful of teaching her kindness every single day and as she grows, I can see the warmth and kindness shining through. This reassures me that I am doing a good job.
7. I don’t judge other mums. I think this is a big one! Since having G and realising how difficult motherhood is, I understand the majority of mums are doing their best and love their child as much as I love mine. Everyone will do things differently.
8. I eat fish so that she will eat it. I HATE FISH.
9. Caring for my daughter is demanding on my body, breaking my back bathing her, lifting her for cuddles or bending over holding her hands as she learns to walk.
10. I get up EVERY morning at 6am and manage to make breakfast, play with dolls, dance to the postman pat theme and never complain! (Well maybe once or twice)
I have enjoyed thinking of my 10 reasons why I am #RockingMotherhood and now I nominate:
Caroline at SwaddlesnBottles.
Nicole at TheProfessionalMomProject.
Heather at SuperTiredWondermom.
Jacqueline at SAHM, PLUS.
Tyane at BoyMomBlessed.
Kayla at SimplyBurch
Maureen at MAMA MADE INC.
Hayley at TravelingHikingFamily.
Chardae at LionessDae.
Please take time to read the above blogs-some great mummy bloggers at work!